Wednesday, September 6, 2017

TEAR IT UP INTERVIEW





I’m continuing with interviews from the past. This time it’s TEAR IT UP interview from Maximum Rocknroll (maga) zine, issue 2017, June 2001. Dave Hyde did the interview. Dave was a friend of the band and in the early 2000’s he did the zine called Destroy What Bores You and I think that he also did some more interviews for Maximum Rocknroll. This interview was done in early 2001, at least I’m guessing that because of some facts from the view. Dave Ackerman (vocals) and Matt Wechter (drums answered the interview and as pretty much every other TIU interview, this one is also pretty good. This interview was sent to me sometime last year by this cool dude called Bart from US who is among many people that I met online and we had the same interest in Teat It Up. 




It’s pretty amazing to see how much TIU already did in first 6 months of bands existence. They did the demo tape, first 7˝ and Just Can’t Stand It 12˝ and at that point also a December 2000 session that got split into three releases: Zero To Suicidal one sided 7˝, split LP with Ex Tx A and a split 7˝ with Fast Times. They played more than 20 shows at the time and were planning a US tour for summer with Fast Times and also a new studio session which later became a split 7˝ with Down In Flames. That’s pretty fucking amazing! 




During the years I collected many TIU interviews but I’m sure that I’m still missing a lot, so if anyone can help me out with that, write me now! For example, I still miss TIU interviews from some bigger UK hc/punk zines like: Fracture and Artcore so if anyone have it, scan it and send it my way, thanks! 




 This is the Tear It Up interview from MRR and I’m still The Snake

No comments:

Post a Comment